9.29.2009

SSCC #6 - Psalm 19:14

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday. My little man was well enough to attempt going back to preschool today and it seems like he's been away for forever rather than just 4 days. He asked me this morning with sleepy eyes and a big yawn "Mommy? Do you think all my friends learned to read while I was gone?" Oh poor sweetie! The worries of a little mind - sometimes he is like a big mind in a little tiny body ;)






The SSCC (challenge #6) challenge for the week is to make a card letting someone know that you are thinking of them or praying for them. Just this weekend, I found out from an old friend that I'd lost touch with that her father has taken a turn for the worse as he battles end stage Alzheimers/Dimentia. My heart just sunk and hurts for their family and it opened old wounds that have been trying to heal. This week's verse: Psalm 19:14: Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight Oh, Lord, my strength and my redeemer brought me comfort and I pray they do for you, and for the Hogan family. Here is my card, made with my PTI Everyday Blessings Stamp & verse which reads: "Cast all your cards upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7





TFL and hug your loved ones super tight today! **Blessings**
Deets:

9 comments:

  1. Oh, so sorry you heard bad news today Kelly. This card is perfect though!

    And little man! Out of the mouths of babes! Glad he's feeling better!!

    BIG GINORMOUS HUGS!!
    and love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design for this card of encouragement! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful card, Kelly! Love those wonderful Bible verses and hope they bring comfort to your friends. And praying for your peace and comfort too, my friend.

    So delighted your little guy is feeling better and back to school. He's a bright one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kelly and I'm sure it will bring comfort to your friend. The colors are gorgeous and I really like the squares in the background.

    Glad to hear little man is doing better and how cute that he was worried that he missed out on reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this card, Kels! Gorgeous papers & layout, and a beautiful choice of scripture! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's father, and I know that must bring back a lot of memories for you. Your friend will be so touched and feel so loved when she opens this card, because it is obvious you have put your heart into it. You are truly a blessing and inspiration to all who know you. {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card - I'm sure your friend was so encouraged to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... that is so sweet that your son was so afraid he missed something BIG at school! My kids are 4th and 5th grade and STILL hate to miss school!

    What a beautiful card with beautiful colors!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!! It's wonderful seeing your cards from week to week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a wonderful card that is really going to be a blessing!!! and your right...kids say the darndest things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10/05/2009

    This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete