7.07.2011

Bon Voyage! See ya Sunday :)


Hello friends!  Just a quick post to say we are leaving town til Sunday night ~ We are taking the kids to see the very last and very historic Atlantis Shuttle launch in Cape Canaveral, FL tomorrow ~ if all goes well!  It will be sad to see the program ending.

But we are blessed to be in close by at the same time for our son's TaeKwanDo tournament in Melbourne.  It will be his first competetion in form, technique and sparring!  It will be quite an adventure as I hate car trips :(  I get such nausea and headaches - not to mention the rain has not stop falling since my last post (yes, the one about picture perfect weather, lol!)  The trip already is starting out adventurous and has been very delayed due to the little guy waking up with an earache this morning and scrambling to get him to the pediatrician before we rolled out .... got home and dd14's brackets and wires came loose from her braces - another long wait!  Okay! This is starting to shape up like a Chevy Chase vacation!  Hee hee!   Think good thoughts for us for the drive as I'm NOT looking forward to it and the competetion :)  I'll be sure to post a FaceBook update and get some pics as lil laptop is coming along!


I wanted to share with you that the Fresh Brewed Challenge this
month is a recipe challenge!
 Use 2 patterned papers, 2 embellishments and 2 different
shapes! 
I used this yummy Echo Park paper again and made a rectangular card with a star off to the side, button and twine ~ and my card is inspired by this road trip we are embarking on, lol! 

I hope you can join us on Monday for the
Fresh Brewed Designs Blog Hop!
It's going to be *Sweet!*

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

13 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly sounds very exciting, if you guys can get out of the driveway and what a historic adventure for all. You are too funny about the Chevy Chase Vacation. Love your little card, it is just adorable with all the colors, layers and embellies. Have a great time! Safe travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all the problems today, the trip will probably be a breeze!! LOL!
    Yall be careful and what an exciting thing to go see! WOW!
    LOVE you precious little card...and of course you, again, have such wonderful paper to go with it. Very cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was smiling and thinking about how all vacations end up being more work than play .. then came to the part about it being like a Chevy Chase vaca... I busted out! That's soooo our vacations I must admit!!! I do hope that you have a wonderful, fun, relaxing, happy time together.

    Send the rain my way ... I sure do need it ;)!!!

    LOTS of hugs and smiles and good luck wishes to your son. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a fun and exciting weekend plan!!!! Love the card and you, your words always bring the cards to life and a smile to my face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip and enjoy the last start. Great card, sweet image and the DP is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly! super cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so hope you have a great weekend! Super adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, cute mouse!!! I would say the trip can only get better, hope you all have fun. Just don't for the dog if you tie her to the back bumper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I feel for you, friend, about long car rides.... good thing I live in HI where every place takes 30 min to get to. But I am sure that is minor compare to what you have planned.... How fun and exciting!!! Just like your card here..... oh, how my face perked up as soon as I saw that tiny, cutie mouse In his bug and all those tiny cars in the background.... ABSOLUTELY delightful in every way!!!

    I hope you'll post some pix here on the blog as I do not have FB.... :( would love to see them... your little Chevy Chase vaca! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable!! I LOVE that sweet little image with the cheese on top. Too cute!!
    Kelly - I do hope you are surviving the holiday. Yikes - what a rough start! These sorts of things always happen in our home, too.
    I'm so sorry I'm delayed in my blogging - but will be this month. I'm a bit over my head in homework!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kel, hope you have a safe and fun-filled trip. Darling card you shared today too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! By the looks of things, you must have had a great week! Your card is so cute. Your choice of paper is perfect for this adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7/17/2011

    Love the image - which is coloured perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete