10.28.2011

I want my MUMMY! :}




Good Morning!  TGIF!  We have a whopping busy weekend here - from the Opera tonight (our oldest 2 daughters are in the cast of 'Pirates of Penzance'), 1 Sweet 16 and one birthday party, and our Harvest Festival at Church on Sunday of which I was "volunteered" to work the Soak The Scarecrow booth ... at least I'm not the scarecrow, hee hee!  I just get to stand there and run after slopping wet sponges for 2 hours - YAY! ;)  

I'm babbling, so let me just start that it's October 28th and that means the Calendar Girls are back with the monthly post!  Our hostess this month is the sweet Tami and her chosen theme is Halloween ;)  I  LOVE LOVE C.C. Designs Sugarplum stamps!  I have a little drawer full of them and have so little time to ink them up!  But this lil cutie is from last year's Halloween (or maybe '09?)  She gave us these requirements for the October challenge:

Theme: Halloween
Layers: At least three layers somewhere on the card,
 one layer being a designer paper {I love me some DP}

Colors: Somewhere on your card please use the color purple

Embellishments: Two for sure - and are you ready Carol.....one needs to be a glitter product *gasp*

Well, layers are no problem for me, LOL!  I actually went with more of a CAS
attempt with this one - I usually have hoards of paper on one card, inside and out and really love how my friend Kathy makes the most elegant cards using fewer supplies :)  My little Trevor Mummy has very little coloring but I did add small areas of distressing and ..... ta da  ... glitter just to give it a little pop :)  The embellishments were just a few scattered buttons ... I'm sure you have all noticed that I love me some buttons!  They are my favorite embellishment and I just love to "pet" them, lol.  I'm a very tactile person - which is why I could never be a digital scrapbooker ... I have to feel the products, touch them all and pet them! :) For the purple, I used my very last sheet of Concord Grape - sniff, sniff!  And the mummy ribbon wrap under the DSP was an idea I saw on my fellow DT member's blog - Joy .. she used
seam binding with her Riley card and I just thought it was so creative!



And this last picture is just for kicks - when lil man was 3-ish, we went to the Scholastic Bookfair at the school and he thought this book was hilarious.
Not a clue why, maybe it was the "pun", which at 3 was probably funny, lol!
I was looking at my completed card and it came to my mind, so I went to his bookshelf and dug thru some books to find it - pretty remarkable!! :)


Lastly, Miss Tami asked us:
Blog Post: Please share what your favorite candy is to receive in your trick-or-treat bag and if you participate in this holiday, please include what fun things do you like to do for Halloween

Not a fan of Halloween (but quite pleased to have actually made 3 H'ween cards this year!) but we do let the kids dress up and wander  the 'hood ... now that the girls are older, they go to individual parties and we take the younger two :)  My favorite candy of all times is Swiss chocolate .. Toblerone! YUMM-O!
Sadly, you won't find that in the Halloween candies!  LOL!  If you pass that out, I'm SOOOO heading to your front door!! :)  So I do like to sneak a Toosie Roll or two ... or six *grin* ....

Be sure to stop in and see what the other CG's have created this month!

April * Barb * CarolDebbie * Jeanette * Kelly {me!}
Michelle * Paola * Tami * Terry
::: Whew! ::: Did you make it this far?  LOL!  Bless your heart!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

Deets: CC Designs Sugarplum Mummy Trevor; cardstock =  SU Concord Grape; PTI True Black; PTI White;  DSP - K I Memories Fall Harvest; Martha Stewart "Elegant Witch" mat pad; martha stewart super fine glitter; prismacolor markers; misc buttons; white grosgrain ribbon; 3 d dots; Tombo; martha stewart clear glue; computer sentiment

24 comments:

  1. Love this Kelly! So much fun and love love love the ribbon bandages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my. gosh. So cute!

    I love the ribbon bandages. What a great idea. The image is so cute as well.

    So honored {and sad} that you used your last sheet of Concord Grape for this challenge!

    You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Kelly, this little guy is so adorable! I love that you found the book that inspired the card, too cute! The ribbon for bandage wrap is perfect and the EF used for the background is spooky-cute. Wishing you some Toblerone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely adorabel!!!! You gave me an idea on something, gonna have to dig it out of the notebook and try!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the seam binding! Ingenious!

    I can't believe you searched and found the book you were looking for.....my little man's room is a disaster zone.....with a D!

    If I knew you'd visit if I promised Toblerone......lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly--this card is so darn cute. I love the image and how you added the seam binding--great idea (or borrowed one!)

    I always like to see what the inside of your card looks like and this one does not disappoint

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kelly........ it's DARLING! I love love LOVE the bandage/binding! WOW! So creative!!! And what a great look with just enough of everything to make it a delightfully fun Halloween card.

    Yum! No, I won't be passing out Toblerone at Halloween...... but I do have 3 packages of it purchased for Christmas stockings. LOL! (I found it at our little Menonite-run store for 79 cents for each bag of mini's so snagged some, since they are one of my DS's favorite candiess). Want me to adopt you???

    Have fun soaking sponges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing card, Kelly! That's all I've got!
    A-MA-ZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a hoot... always make me laugh! Your card is super adorable! Thanks so much for the "happy mail" I was totally blown away! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhhh myy goodnesss..THIS is the sweeetest zombie-boy I evah set eye on! :o)
    Adorably done and soo GENIOUS to use the bindings/ribbon that-a-way!! Absolutly A+ all the way!!
    BTW I DO have a couple of mini toblerones in da house too...hint hint...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10/28/2011

    AWW! What a cutie pie!! :) I love the touches of sparkle on his bandages and the scene background is so awesome!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend friend!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. soooooooooooooo CUTE!!!! the white mummy ribbon is such the perfect touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly, this is such a cute Halloween card. I really like this sweet image and how you added the ribbon is great. Wundervoll !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's SO cute! Nice mummy wrap around the card - great way to tie things together LOL! Have a great/busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So super cute! Looks just like the book! Love the ribbon technique! I think from now till the new year every weekend will be jam packed! We are so busy we are running from activity to activity everyday! We just made pumpkins using book characters we made Bad Kitty and Wilbur from Charlotte's web. They came out so super cute and today they are being judged at the school! I have my fingers crossed they win! I'm off to host the Fall party at the class!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too cute! Love how he's walking out of the spooky woods! The ribbon was the perfect touch both inside and out! As far as the candy, we don't usually buy any chocolate to hand out because I end up eating all of it before Halloween. So sorry, no wonderful Swiss chocolate here, but I may occasionally have some Ghirardelli's on hand (usually not very long...) Are we seeing a pattern here?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy Hanna Kelly....this card is adorable. I love the glitter on little Trevor Mummy...so dog gone cute. I love the layout and am impressed by the way you wrapped the ribbon inside and out...you did an amazing job...am totally loving this card...well done my friend....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is that?? I love the ribbon "mummy" touch behind the image! Very cute ☺

    Your cards are always great with lots and lots of layerd....it's nice to since something simple from you, yet equally spectacular!

    Great job Kelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card! The little mummy is adorable!
    It sounds as though your life is as busy as ours!! I do hope the opera went well! What a treat to see your kiddos perform!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute. I love your Trevor mummy image and the mummy ribbon wrap. How clever is that!?!! And what perfect DP behind your mummy. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your mummy card is adorable!! I have that paper too and I have been hoarding it because I love it so much. Sounds like you had a fun weekend, sounds as busy as mine ended up being!

    ReplyDelete
  22. too too cute! I love the white ribbon to mimic the mummy wrap! great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun, fun card, love all the wrapping with the ribbon. Thanks for shout out :) Oops sorry that I missed this posting, bad me, thought I had been around....my mom calls those Brain XXXXX. :) You could never scare me away.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is adorable!
    Hugs! :) Janis
    Janis@slowar.com
    pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete