1.28.2012

Calendar Girls - January Remakes! :)

Hi there!  First, let me announce the winner of a FREE stamp of your choice from the January 2012 Riley release and by random selection, the winner on my blog is:

Heather: Joemamainks
I'll be contacting your for your mailing information and stamp of choice -
congratulations and thank you, everyone, for hopping with Riley and Company!

It's time for another Calendar Girl's post and this month, our fantabulous hostess is none other than the Calendar's Girls fearless leader and creator of the group, Jeanette!!  And in her words, This month her challenge is .............

Something New Using Something Old!

What do I mean by that? This isn’t exactly what it seems. It’s not a vintage theme, though you can make your card/project vintage if you’d like. What I do want you to do is look back over your Calendar Girl posts/creations from the year 2011 and choose one of the images you used. Then I want you to create something entirely different with the same image. It cannot look at all like the previous Calendar Girl creation; nor can you use the same papers/embellishments/etc.  When you post to your blog – on January 28 – I want you to also post a picture of your 2011 card/project that used the same image so we can see the two and how different they are.

And here is the card I posted last year ... the stamp I chose back then is a Sandcastle, of course! :) It's from Inkadinkado
and the sandcastle + papers really reflect my Miami life!  

Here's the Original card :)
And the remake card using the same stamp but different papers/layout/embellies ...


Here's the NEW card!

A wee side view :)

And of course I did the inside of my card :)  I used a different stamp on the inside this time, too ~
I love this very old PSX stamp.  I actually watched this stamp on ebay for DAYS back in the day!
I switched out the paper on the new card to SU's "jersey shore" (I think!) I wish I had bought more of this darling paper because it's a perfect match to a scrapbook I'm planning from a beach trip, but we all know how that goes!  I have so many of my SU paper packs kept away for "special pages" and take a piece or two out now and again for cards :)  I also used some super old Wild Wasabi (as in vintage, when SU first came out with this! Membah that?! )  And yes, I stapled it on purpose, lol! And the layout on this one might look a bit familiar, too!  I often make a card I like and then mail it to a dear friend, and wish I'd kept a template card, ROFL.  This is one of those times :)

So ........ that's my January card for the Calendar Girls!  Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to take a peek at the Calendar Girls - you can find them in my sidebar and stop by and see what paper yumminess they created this month!

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

38 comments:

  1. Kelly, love the second one!!!, although the first one is nice too, I like the flower and details of the second. Great cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly both cards using the gorgeous sandcastle image are fabulous. I love the circle frame on your second card and the SU Papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, i really LOVE the sentiment- perfect saying and beautiful card. The handmade flowers looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how changing up the papers really changed the feel of the card! I think I really like the new one better since I think it reflects moron your personality!! And the inside sentiments exactly how I am feeling....wish I was closer to the beach right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your remake is fabulous! I love the colors and papers as well that that frilly paper flower!! Wonderful work, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, inside and out. love the design paper and the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly love both your cards, have to say I love sandcastles something about them.love the colors in the paper .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are the bomb diggity girl! They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun challenge! I love how the first one is girly and soft, then the second takes on a more masculine feel with the bright colors and bold patterns. You definitely achieved the goal of the challenge and both cards are fantastic!
    As far as old DP...we won't even discuss my supply! I too have the original wild wasabi and was thrilled when it came back so I could restock and stop hoarding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Kelly! I love the new layout and embellies!

    Your cards are always great and it's nice to see the difference from last years card ☺

    Thank you for being a part of this awesome group!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DRATS! I didn't win. :(

    Just kidding with you, Kelly... I didn't really think I would. LOL!

    Besides, I came to see your latest card...... and it has not been a disappointment at all! WOW!!! I love your sandcastle card; so very VERY different than when you used that image last year! The flower you made is soooooo cool! The colors are perfect. I love the layout and the inside of your card has the most incredible saying! Perfect card!!!

    I'm so glad you're a Calendar Girl, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drats too--I did not win either--JK!

    I love your new card--I think those bright colors are just perfect and just make the image pop. I really like the layout you used and all of the layers too!

    This is a stunning card and I am so glad to be a calendar girl with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the stripes and polka dots on the "new" one! The image is so pretty and I love how you designed the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Kelly..I love, love your card (actually both of them) I love how bright and cheery it is and also, love that little flower in the corner..as always I am in total awe of how you decorate the insides of your card to reflect the front..( I need some lessons please....) you are truly a talented lady and I am so glad we are friends and Calendar girls together...I don't get blurrfing as much as I would like but do always try to stop by and see your magnificent creations when I can...Great job on this challenge my friend...mwahhh....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are wonderful but the one from this year really rocks with that terrific DP! Both are GREAT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like both cards but I think the background on the new one speaks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly! Love your sandcastle cards, but I must say that the remake is the bomb. I love the bright colors, die cuts, and all the fabulous details you added. This card is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kelly! Love your sandcastle cards, but I must say that the remake is the bomb. I love the bright colors, die cuts, and all the fabulous details you added. This card is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of your cards a terrific. But I ADORE the second one!!! I love the layout, especially the circle layers around the sandcastle. And I love the DP you used too! Your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. another WOW factor of a card...I am not surprised...lol U're way too talented girl!! Although I still love your 'old' version I must admit that the new one won me totally over....Loveee how U enclosed the image in a circled nestie, making it the focal point of the card and of course your d/p is absolutly the cat's mewo,alongside the matching flower..wowww! Loveeee the whole new take and I ♥ being a CG with you too...xox...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your first card was lovely and the remake is lovely as well. I love the sandcastles and would really love to be on the beach today....it's snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both are very pretty. I like that sandcastle image, especially since I live in Florida and I am waiting for summer.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Kelly, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I guess we joined Vintage Roses the same day. I saw that you are in South Miami. I'm down there at least 2-3 times a year. My grandparents live there. Well now it's just my grandfather. Was down there a few weeks ago. Couldn't believe Gardner's Market on SW 57th closed!

    Anyway..... beautiful cards. I really like the remake. Awesome sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great colors-I think I have that paper hidden in my stash! Cute inside as well as outside!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are super! Love the paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. love that castle image!
    both of these are truly spectacular
    hugs (-:

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like both cards but I think I like the second one a little better because of the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Kelly...It's been way to long since I have stopped by...look at all that I have missed! These cards are awesome. I love the inside sentiment on the 2nd one. Awesome...I tell you simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love it! Well, both!!!

    I had to laugh at the fact that you called Wild Wasabi super old SU paper....I don't even have that color my stuff is so old!!! LOL

    Great job on a remake.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Um, just reading the comments....did April really call you a moron?! LOL That dang autocorrect! It does make me laugh though.....

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute. Love the the paper you used reminds me of a cabana on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kelly, you made some great color choices for these wonderful cards. I love that sentiment stamp too. Enjoying your beautiful music in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Kels, both cards are super! The first is softly pretty, but as soon as I saw the bright colors of your remake, I thought Jersey boardwalk!! So fresh and fun, just like a summer day at the beach should be! {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovin' the remake! What a happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oooh...Love the first color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fabulous card makeover!!! Love both!! Glad to have you in the Tangled blog Group!!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great do over! I love both your cards! The colors and layout on the new one is absolutely lovely. Especially love the sentiment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete