1.09.2012

Draw Water from the Wells ...

Good SONday evening, friends!  I had a few free moments this evening to whip up a card :)  My motto last year was "use what ya got!" and try to use some of the items in my crafting Cabana.  I found that when I went "shopping", it was often in my own craft room and I was amazed at the things I had on hand to play with!  It was such a successful year that I am keeping that same motto this year, too :)  And one of my treasured and favorite stamp companies for many reasons is Our Daily Bread so what a treat to get inky and play with papers and buttons and make a much needed card at the same time :)



For this card, I used the sentiment stamp from the Never Thirst set.  I can't wait to ink up the rest of this set!  But for now, I just used the sentiment so that I can play along with a challenge at SCS for scripture sentiment cards, and enter this in ODB challenge:  "In with the new....out with the Old"
The team challenges you to create a card using something new and something old on your card.  I've used several elements on the card that are older - the sentiment, crinkle ribbon, the Tattered Angel spray ... something new, this MME mat stack Lost and Found paper :) 

This card is entered into:  Our Daily Bread designs: Old/New
                                     Crazy 4 Challenges:  Something New
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

Deets:  SU Card Stock, Soft Subtles;  MME "Lost and Found" Market St Mat Stack;
Stamp:  Never Thirst, Our Daily Bread; SU Stazon Black ink;
Crinkle Ribbon, pearl brads; BG button; SU twine; Cuttlebug, Nestie, SU Corner Punch;
Scallop die, Tombo
 

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love the scripture, that lovely seam binding bow topped with a charming button and all the curves!! Lovely! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!! That's what I'm trying to do too, I do really good until I walk in a craft store .....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scripture as well as your gorgeous card. My New Year's resolution is to use up what I have to get everything cleaned up :) Thanks again;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh... this is absolutely shabby chic beautiful! I too am using what I have. I'm using my stamping money for counseling for my son, a really good investment! (0=

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the soft colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, this is lovely! I had to giggle when I saw this pic in my blog list.....and then saw it was from you! What?! NO Riley!! =))
    Seriously! It is a beautiful card, very much my style and just goes to show how talented you are!!
    (And I'm so sorry to have stereotyped you! =D )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and scripture, Kelly! I love those papers, and the gorgeous ribbon and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, this is such a gorgeous card. Everything about it -- layering, colors, design are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers! This is such a beautiful card Kelly! I do love everything about it....excellent work as always & TFS my friend!!!!!
    Hugs & Love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly this is such a beautiful card!!!. Love the soft colours and the way you put the sentiment and the papers and details...everything. Our daily bread has such beautiful sentiments and stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many layers and so beautiful! Love everything about this Kelly. Gorgeous card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous design for showcasing this awesome scripture!! Fabulous card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, I love the verse,you've used such pretty papers too.
    Thanks for the comment on my card, much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and I love the bible verse! You have such a way with putting papers together!!
    BTW-LOVE the little hearts flitting all over your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love all of the layers and bows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning Card--Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with ODBD Shining the Light challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed this yesterday...just gorgeous!

    I too am using what I got...so to speak!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just perfect in every way. Gorgeous papers, love the crinkle ribbon and the scallop border. The sentiment is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card Kelly!! I just love your colors, dp, and your use of ribbon and punches!! The sentiment really pops!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the way the verse is the focal point of your card. And such a beautiful card it is!
    I was thinking of you the other day - and your book! How is that coming? I am looking forward to purchasing a copy when you're done. xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh, this is so beautiful! I love the focus on the scripture, beautiful papers and card design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohhh this is an absolutly GORGEOUS card!!.....I am amazed at your talent!! *awesomely done, as always kells!* ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful card!! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge!

    ReplyDelete