6.30.2014

Summer time fun!

Wow, it's Monday!  How did that happen! :) 
 
 
One of the greatest joys in crafting is the friends I've made
along the way and the crafting we do together!
While we are miles apart, I love that we chat everyday
via threads, texts, groups, etc ...
it just makes the whole crafting hobby that much more of a blessing!
 
I'm also usually rushing to the mailbox
and forget to take pictures of my swap cards!
But this time, I got lucky! :)
 
For today's card, sistah Gael from the SOTC hosted the swap this month
and her theme was ... ready for this! .... Non-masculine masculine!
Wowza!
This had me thinking outside the box!
Rather than the traditional 'guy' cards like sports and motorcycles,
she asked us to think outside the box and send a masculine card
not representing the obviously male .....
I thunk, and thunk some more .........
and reached for super cheeky Riley zipping along through the forest!

The new Riley and Company Challenge, hosted by Sandye,
is to show off some Summertime fun!
This will be my DT card for the week ♥


We actually had the opportunity to zip line in the Great Smoky Mountains
last year ~ oh, can I tell you how much fun I had :)
I would truly love to do that more often! 
 We were HIGH UP, zipping through trees - not open spaces!
Super exhilarating and energizing and oh. so. fun!

I hope the other swappers like my humble offering to the swap :)
I hope today is a summer play day for you!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings! ♥

~Kelly

I'll enter this into:  Come and Get it - Animals
 Pile it on 26 - Outdoor Fun
Love to Create 122 - Three or More DSP!
 

19 comments:

  1. Today is a wet, cold, stay inside day here, but this wonderful card has warmed me up. So gloriously non-masculine masculine!! It sounds like something I would like to do too Kelly!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun idea and fun card to match. There was a day I would be game for most anything. Today not so much. It does sound like a blast though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Riley can do anything! What a fabulous non-masculine masculine card, Kelly!

    I'll have to put zip-lining on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a non masculine masculine....I understand why you had to put on your thinking cap. Ha That would be a hard one. Of course, you mastered it. Great card, Kelly.
    Hubby just said over the weekend he would like to go back to the Smoky Mountains....probably not to zip line, though. Ha I'm sure it is fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card Kelly. I love the layout and that image is perfect for this month's challenge! I hope one finds its way into my return envie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just going to call you the Riley making Queen. :) This is awesome, great design too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome!! I love the zipping Riley!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think that you nailed the theme of the challenge. I love the colors and the papers you used. Very cute indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if they'd still let me zip line at my age! LOL! Sounds like fun and your card to beyond fun! Very cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I didn't know it was suppose to be non-masculine masculine...Isn't that an oxymoron??? Whatever it's suppose to represent it's darling! Love Riley on the zipline!! And it's bright and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it amazing how friendships are made online! I'm with you, it truly is a blessing! Love your cute card and your choice of fabulous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super card, darling image, lovely background papers and placement. Thanks for sharing with us at the Come and Get It challenge this week. Barb DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this Riley is great! Thanks for playing along this week at Come and Get It!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card! love it! thanks for joining us at Love to Create! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card! Thank you for joining our "3 OR More DP" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh little Zipping Riley is adorable!! Fab design with your papers! Thank you so much for joining Love to Create Challenges and sharing your creation!!
    Hugs'
    Jackie LTC owner/designer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfectly non-masculine masculine card! You did a wonderful job with the challenge and I would love to zipline, but would have to do it solo since no one else in my family would go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfectly non-masculine masculine card! You did a wonderful job with the challenge and I would love to zipline, but would have to do it solo since no one else in my family would go!

    ReplyDelete