7.28.2014

Butterfly Moments (Cornish Heritage Farms) ♥

The butterfly counts not months but moments,
and has time enough.
~Rabindranath Jagore
 

Hi friends ♥
Today's post is celebrating butterflies ~ for two reasons!
Today is the day the Calendar Girls launch our monthly cards
with a chosen theme.  This month, our hostess Linda,
asked us to create a card with butterflies - that's it, just butterflies!
Since that was the theme for my card, and today is also the day
the Cornish Heritage Farms DT post our bi-weekly challenge cards,
I knew the direction I wanted to go with my card ♥
Irit is our hostess this week and gave us this challenge ~
to use 3 different craft/coloring mediums on our cards.
Wow!

 
For my card today, I started with a butterfly digi image from CHF -
they not only carry a delicious variety of rubber stamps but
digital stamps as well, some of them as low as .99c!
I printed the digi on watercolor paper
so the Tattered Angels glimmer mist would stick the best (medium #1)
I colored the butterfly with both primsacolor markers in light shades
and outlined it with a watercolor colored pencil in white (medium #2).
Lastly, I brought my acrylic white paint out and painted over a piece of
corrugated cardboard I had on hand for the background piece (medium #3).
 
I've also added another CHF sentiment to the inside of the card
along with the small section of cardboard that was extra from the front.
I am all about using leftovers in crafting!
This sentiment can be found in the shop, too :)
 

Be sure to stop in and see what the rest of the Calendar Girls
have created with their Butterflies cards - you can find them
in my sidebar ......
 
And be sure to see what the Cornish Heritage Farms DT has made,
and you can find them listed in my sidebar!
That's a lot of inspiration right there!
If you upload your CHF cards using 3 craft mediums to a gallery
like Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword  CHF58.

Thanks for stopping by today! 
Big Hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

I'll enter my card into: Make My Monday - Butterflies
Crafting when we can - Make your own background
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

 

32 comments:

  1. This card is certainly a different look than your others! But it's shiny... and beautiful. I love the sentiment inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly this is fabulous - love the simplicity and elegance of the design and the way you have used the corrugated card to add some amazing texture. Love it my friend.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Kelly! I think that the textured element enhances, what is already, a beautiful project. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, this is very elegant - love it. The corrugated cardstock looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painting corrugated cardboard.....who knew? The blue background is as beautiful as the butterfly. Thank you for sharing this wonderful creative art with us.
    Blessings, Carole Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, your butterfly card is BEAUTIFUL! And you really rocked the challenge of three mediums on one card. WOW! You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous, Kelly, and I love using corrugated board on cards and projects. You used yours in a great way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Kelly. Love the background for this beautiful butterfly and also that painted corrugated cardboard.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is inspiring, Kelly! The butterfly is gorgeous as well as the coloring using different mediums. Love the look of the painted corrugated board. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, Kelly!! The background looks amazing!! The butterfly is gorgeous!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Kelly. This out of the park and a home run. Superb coloring and stunning creation. BRAVO. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Kelly. I love the butterfly and the inside is just as beautiful as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Kelly. I love the butterfly and the inside is just as beautiful as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lately, because of my girls, I have fallen in love with butterflies. Your card is gorgeous and love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly--your card is stunning! Love the image and all of the coloring you did is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You created a stunning card with the beautiful butterfly! Love the soft splattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly! What a GORGEOUS card. You are always coming up with something extra lovely, and I'm SO blessed to have you share with us.
    Thanks for playing along this week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome work with this gorgeous, lifelike butterfly, Kelly!! So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your 3 medium masterpiece! The texture is wonderful, as is the painted cardboard and the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is gorgeous! Love the background. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting When We Can Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The butterfly is just beautiful! I like the watercolor paper use as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry I am so late commenting, yesterday I had a RA flair up which makes typing impossible!!!!
    I love the card, that butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous Kelly! Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty, Kelly. I love the simplicity, but it's so elegant with the different mediums you used.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your soft and delicate background is so perfect for this pretty butterfly, and lets all the focus be on its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is sooooo pretty! I love the glimmer misted background and the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kelly, what a beautiful butterfly. Love the sequins

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Kelly! That was a REAL challenge, and you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow Kelly, love the design of this card. Great idea to paint the corrugated paper.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is so sweet Kelly. How could I not be impressed by butterflies?

    ReplyDelete