4.15.2009

Forest Card Swap





Good morning friends ~ Quick post in the blog ........ this is the card I made for my friend Jeanette's First Card Swap - named accordingly for her ...... the Forest! I wanted to jump in and support her and couldn't wait to ink up these new stamps that have been sitting FOREVER in a case, poor things! They are from H & M stamps and I bought them on their clearance sale way back when thinking I could use them for dd's Girl Scout pages ........ but, alas, we saw no bears on that outing - hee hee .......
I had so much fun with these! My dd said the bear looked like he was floating so I added last minute leaves as a soft bed ....... :) I also double colored the bear - first with prisma colored pencils and then with markers for a softer/furrier effect - it looks much better IRL. TFL!






11 comments:

  1. Such a cute stamp set...what a beautiful card...I am thinking I will Dibsies one of these..GREAT work love da Deej

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is sweet. I really love how you put him sleeping on the petals/leaves. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and cuddly! I might have to make some smores tonight...of course I'll be using a more modern campfire - the microwave! LOL!

    Love his little bed of leaves! Great job, Kells!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly!! It looks awesome online too! :D This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and fun card, Kelly! I love it so much... I call dibbsies! Oh wait, I'm the hostess, so of course I get one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4/15/2009

    Cute set! Love the furry bear and his bed of leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! Love the "2 scenes" look of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly!! {waving} It feels like *ages* since I've stopped by. This card is sweet--What an adorable bear! Great textures, patterns, layout!
    {hugs}
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh! I like the layout and the colors are great. Great job with capturing the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Kelly, what a great card for Jeanette's Forest swap...perfect colors and images!!!

    ReplyDelete