8.20.2009

Fly Away ~ August Sisterhood Card


Hi dear friends! I belong to a group of stampers called the Sisterhood of the Traveling Cards. This month's hostess, Gael, chose "Moving parts" as her theme - very intimidating for me, the novice card maker! My original card design was twine and a spinning piece, but yesterday was a very rough day for us and I know my little niece was going through a very difficult time. At 3 am, yes that is 3 AM!!!, an idea for a card just rolled into my head just like that. I had just gotten my order from TGF that afternoon and had no intention to open the bag but I am glad I did - at 2:30 am, lol - because looking at that stamp set and my darling niece, a card was born. I chose a "slider" card and this image becuase it was fun & whimsical & it reminded me of how sweet she is. Now to get crankin' on 5 more if Miss Gael approves - I promise it moves!
This one is for you, sweet Amanda ...... **Besos y abrazos**

Up up and away .....

Or down .......
Or around!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!






Deets: PTI Berry Blush & White cardstock (image) SU Yo Yo Yellow, Berry Sweet DSP from K & Co (8 x 8 mat stack)
Stamps: TGF
Colored with Prismacolor markers, Doodlebug button, Tombo, Nesties: Label 1 and small circle
SU punch

13 comments:

  1. I love this bright and colorful card! I hope I get one!

    And the sentiment.. is perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, and beautiful inspiration behind it! I hope Miss Amanda is okay. I'm praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and cute card!! Love this card you made, and this adorable image!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Kelly! This is gorgeous! I love all the movement in this card, just perfect for this little guy. If I remember correctly, didn't you score a win over at Club Anya or TGF? Congrats hun! You deserve it! Have a wonderful Friday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, I love this card...so bright, cheerful and fun!!! Great job!!!

    Sending you a great big hug and wishing you and your family many blessings!!!

    BTW, love the new look to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious! Beautiful colors and accents! Great job! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! Sometimes the best ideas come out in the wee hours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! Just adore the fact that it spins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww, sweet wishes for Miss Amanda!! Your slider card is absolutely cute! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2:30am works well for you LOL ..hope Amanda is ok...love this slider..fun fun card!!
    and l love your blog theme (excellent taste...ssshhhhh...mine is the same big smile)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! I love the bright colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete