12.14.2009

Beautiful Music with treasured Bling! (SSCC17 + SSHP11)






How's that for a title! LOL! This is my dual purpose card to play along with two challenges this week: The SSCC #17 and SSHP11.


Stampin' Sisters this week reflects on the book of Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

The hostess, Kristine, gives us these wise words and the Challenge: Now let's switch directions a bit and apply this concept to our crafting. How many of us are hoarders? Do you "store up" beautiful crafting items because you think they are too pretty to give away? God tells us that "He will supply ALL our needs" and so anything in excess of that I believe is for us to give away in a responsible loving way (storing up treasures in heaven).

Challenge:
My challenge to you is to get out your crafting *treasures* and use on your cards or other projects this week, in other words BLING IT UP (ie. charms, gems, pearls, dazzling diamonds, flowers, etc).

I just love this stamp set from Hanna stamps called For the Soul. I used both pearls and bling diamonds for the stars behind the stain glass window. One of my favorite christmas songs is this verse, reflecting Our Savior's birth. I loved making this card, and even though the stained glass window was a labor of love, it turned out just as I visioned it would (now that's rare, lol!!)

SECOND Challenge!!
Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential challenged us to create a card reflecting on The Music Within Your Soul . Music is such an incredible part of my life and it just stirs my soul and moves me from within - from classical style (Bocelli! My fave!!!) and nearly every contemporary christian artist .... even some Top 40's, loved the 80's, and still crank up my BeeGees and ABBA *wink!*

The Spotlight Divas challenged us to create something with the music in your soul! What do they mean? What is your favorite style of music? Is it country, rock, opera, Christmas music, or the oldies? Whatever your "music style", show us what it is on your creations! eg: Use a cowboy image for "country music", etc. Perhaps you can just create a "musical masterpiece"....just get creative with it!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

TFL and grab the links and give the challenges a try! I had sooooo much fun with this one and am happy that this card will find a new home this week with my son's christian preschool music teacher :) He comes home singing so many wonderful new songs each week and it brings such happiness to my heart when people use the talents God graces them with to share with the children and others.

Have a blessed week!!

14 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful creation. I just love your coordination of images with the stained glass church window and someone praying. Your coloring and design is very pretty! Thanks for playing with us at the Sat. Spotlight this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/15/2009

    Oh wow!! What a totally GORGEOUS card!! I just adore your images you've placed together, your coloring is amazing and what a thoughtful way to add these challenges together!! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! Hope you can play again!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, Kelly! I love the layout - the mix of images, papers and embellies (the line of pearls is stunning!) is just amazing!
    I'm in awe that you could put together something so gorgeous and intricate in the midst of holiday & birthday madness! YGG!
    {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card...love that image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love your coloring on that stained Glass, and love all the bling going on!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ "BLING IT UP" challenge this week! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got a chance to play. This card is so pretty, what a neat line of pearls and the stained glass window, lovely! Thanks for participating in the SSCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly this card is fabulous! I love the mix of papers and bling, and your stained glass window is gorgeous! Will you PLEASE tell me how you manage to create with all that goes on in your day??? *whew* I need some of that energy! {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, what a great card!!! LOVE the stain glass window!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, your card is very pretty. I love the fab image and the colors... great!!!! Love it. I hope you enjoy your day! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful beautiful! How do you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! That stained glass is awesome! I love the "theme" of your card. That's cool!
    Thanks for sharing you card with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Kelly!! What a gorgeous card you've created!! I have this stamp set, and now, after seeing this, I'm inspired to ink it up!! What beautiful stained glass, and the paper choices, as well as all the layering and dimension are just fabulous!! What a treat for us to have this for inspiration!! THANK YOU!!

    Love,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very clever card! Great idea to use these images together!
    Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight!
    Hugs
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete