11.07.2014

We're going camping!





 
It's finally here ~
 the weekend of camping with my brand new Cub Scout! ♥ 
My son just joined up this school year with and has been SO EXCITED
 for the past month, cheerfully marking down the days on his wall calendar - lovingly called 'C-Day' ♥
 
Now we've camped before, and did the Girl Scout thing as well,
but that was a bit cushier - nice cabins, bedding, amenities!
While we aren't going full on rustic, it's pretty close -
 out in the Florida Everglades!
Bugs!  Snakes!  Wildnerness!  Rickety tents + cookin' outdoors over the fire!
No cellphones, laptops, ipods or electronics ~
we are unplugging and connecting to nature!
 
Oh. Me. Oh. My.
 
My son is one of the sweetest little boys with a gentle soul,
a constant smile and shares goodness everywhere he goes.
How could I not be excited to go along, after all :)
(I just hope the weekend goes by swiftly and safely, LOL!)
Other than my son, I won't know a soul on this campout
and hope to make new friends, great memories and home in one piece!

 
 
I've used an image I purchased for a swap and it's from Sassy Cheryls
and I followed the wonderful sketch from Poppy Sketch #16
and use the Pop of Pattern - Chevron
so I'll enter my card there to the challenge :)
 

 
I have a card to commemorate my trip to the wilderness to share :)
I have another post scheduled for Sunday
and I'm praying it launches without a hitch ~
just like our camping trip!
 
Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly
 
 card entered into:  Poppy Sketch 16

13 comments:

  1. What a very sweet and adorable image Kelly!! Brilliantly colored and a great design!! My sons used to be in Scouts as well and they did enjoy all of it! Wishing you guys lots of fun and learning! Have a great weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!! What a sweet image!! I love how you colored it!! The insides of your cards are always so fabulous...I love that you take the time to finish them. I'm trying to do that more!! Awesome card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Kelly and it's just perfect for what you're getting ready to experience this weekend! LOL! Watch out for the gators! Have a good time and know you'll end up enjoying the whole experience.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly I hope you have a wonderful time. There's nothing like fresh air to invigorate us.Your card is so cute too. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute Kelly! Love the image and layout. Have fun camping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute...love the patched tent. You'll never regret having these fun times with your adorable son. I love your card.

    My youngest son got his Eagle and his Dad really worked with the Boy Scouts in different roles. At one time, Assistant Scout Master, then for a time District Commissioner and also for a time as Unit Commissioner....so, we know all about the Boy Scouts. Super group.!
    Have a blast this weekend. Hope you two don't come home with critter bites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kelly - I am sure you will survive and come home with a pile of new friends. Great card!! Love the colourful patches on the tent!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Tommy use to be in Scouts, many years ago, have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet!
    Thanks for playing ay Poppy Sketches!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome and super matching card to your story. Have fun camping my friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super sweet image and fun card! So glad you were inspired by the Poppy Sketches challenge. I hope you will join us tomorrow for our new challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card--and a perfect sketch! I wish the weekend was as great as this card...........

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - I love this image! And I love the way you colored it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete